Robotic Urology | Indraprastha Apollo hospital in New Delhi, is one of the best hospitals for robotic assisted urological surgery, and is a pioneer in incorporating new technologies for better patient care. Apollo hospitals, has been gaining prominence in the field of medical care for their patient-centered management of cancer and benign urological illnesses, by efficiently combining and utilizing years of expertise. They are the only hospital in whole of North India whose pediatric nephrology and urology specialists are certified European and American board members.
Robotic Urology, Modern surgical and reconstructive methods are used in the center’s advanced surgical operations. The most cutting-edge medical technology, computer navigation, and imaging equipment are used to help the team of highly skilled surgeons. Medical and surgical care in all facets of adult and pediatric urology is provided by the department of urology, which is one of the busiest when it comes to performing robot-assisted surgeries since they have been doing robotic surgical treatments since 2012 and have performed more than 3000 successful surgeries to date.
The doctors for Robotic Urology at Indraprastha Apollo hospitals are exceptionally knowledgeable and skilled, as designated cases of urological robotic surgery are carried out with utmost expertise resulting in successful outcomes at the fairest price, with top-notch medical facilities available. Numerous overseas patients from all over the world have been inspired by these attributes to fly to Apollo hospitals for robotic surgery and other types of medical operations.
The Apollo Hospitals’ Centers of Urology and andrology offer diagnostic and surgical services for all genitourinary illnesses and address surgical issues with the
- Urinary bladder
- Penis and testes as well as fertility and erectile dysfunction
The department of urology and andrologyy handles conditions such as prostate enlargement, urinary stones, stricture disease, and cancers related to the respective organs.
Renal transplantation, urological cancers, reconstructive urology, endo-urology for stone diseases (including Flexible Ureteroscopy, Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, and Laparoscopic Nephrectomy), neuro-urology with urodynamic facility, andrology for treating male infertility and erectile dysfunction (including prosthetic surgery), female urology, and pediatric urology are among the fields of expertise at Indraprastha Apollo hospital. The institute also offers a regular academic teaching program in addition to its clinical activity. They also deliver DNB-accredited instructions.
Why Robot assisted urology compared to conventional one?
- In comparison to open surgery, the number of robot assisted radical prostatectomies, Pyeloplasty, adrenalectomy, radical nephrectomy, and donor nephrectomy procedures has increased significantly due to the improved preservation of urinary continence following surgery (some patients reported continence within one or two days post catheter removal) and the decreased incidence of erectile dysfunctions due to better nerve sparing.
- Increased accuracy and precision in treatments like partial nephrectomy have made nephron sparing surgery effective, preserving kidney function.
Thanks to the construction of the most elaborate and best Patient Care and Clinical Coordination teams, stationed here at Indraprastha Apollo hospitals, New Delhi, patients receive the smoothest, most seamless care imaginable.
Indraprastha Apollo hospital comprises of latest technology and makes use of modern techniques such as,
- Nuclear scan and ultrasound
- CT Scan
- Radical Cystectomy
- Radical Nephrectomy (Laparoscopic)
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Uro-oncological Surgery
- BCG therapy
- PCN (Percutaneous nephrostomy)
- Lithotripsy (The most recent computerised systems position, concentrate, and then transmit controlled shock waves using ultrasonic radiation)
- Ureteral calibration
- Urethral pressure profile studies (UPP)
- Filling and voiding Cytometry
- All minor and major procedures comprising of laparoscopic surgeries, laser treatments for stones, prostate, penile implants for erectile dysfunction and endoscopic procedures.
- Urodynamics (Fully computerised urodynamic equipment that employ thorough management strategies and are utilised to treat neurogenic bladder. These devices also have “EMG” capabilities, which are crucial for identifying neurological illnesses, spinal injuries, Parkinsonism, and urinary and intestinal issues)
to perform various procedures for treatment and diagnosis for any kind of urological ailment in both children and adults.
Services and expertise provided by our skilled surgeons at Indraprastha Apollo hospital includes:
- Renal transplantation
- Urological cancers
- Reconstructive urology
- Endo-urology for stone diseases (including Laparoscopic Nephrectomy, Flexible Ureteroscopy and Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy)
- Neuro-urology with urodynamic facility
- Andrology for treating male infertility and erectile dysfunction (including prosthetic surgery), female urology, and pediatric urology.
- Ureteral reimplantation
- Pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction
- Cystoplasty augmentation
- Other pediatric urology procedures include some operations on the pelvic region (such as the removal of a symptomatic or malignant urachal cyst, a symptomatic bladder diverticulum, the surgical reconstruction of an imperforate anus, the removal of a posterior urethral diverticula, the removal of a malformation caused by incomplete regression of the Müllerian ducts, the removal of the prostatic utricle, and the treatment of varicocele).