Touching Lives – Monthly Health Camps for Pregnant Women in Urban Villages
- Towards improving access to healthcare for socio-economically deprived communities, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals has been organising health camps every month for pregnant women since 2016.
- During pregnancy, women need regular check-ups to assess their health levels but often, many underprivileged women are unable to do so regularly.
- Apollo Hospitals’ special medical camps in specific urban villages in Delhi like Kalyanpuri, Jaitpur, Mithapur, Molarband, ensure that women living in these areas can come comfortably for a health check-up.
- A detailed consultation with a gynaecologist and tests on all important indicators like blood sugar, blood pressure, height-weight etc are done for the women.
- Special advice is also given on nutrition and dietary requirements during pregnancy. Iron-folic acid and calcium supplements are given to all women in the health camp.
- Hundreds of women have been touched by the helping hand of Apollo Hospitals.