Treatment & Services
The centre offers personalized and precision healthcare to patients and family members in relation to known or suspected genetic disease. Consultations are available both in clinic and online Single with Prof. Dhavendra Kumar.
The following specialist clinical genomic and genomic medicine services are offered-
- a) Genetic or genomic diagnosis
- b) Genetic or genomic laboratory diagnosis
- c) In depth review of birth (congenital) anomalies and rare diseases
- d) Specialist input for genetic diseases of cancer, eye, heart & blood vessels, skin, bone & joints and fertility.
- d) Detailed review and analysis of the family history, specifically cousin marriage (consanguinity).
- e) Genetic risks assessment and Genetic Counselling
- f) Predictive or pre-symptomatic genetic testing
- h) Multi-disciplinary care with specialist clinicians, nurses, technicians etc.
- i) Genetic & genome screening for life-style & health counselling.
- j) Pre-natal genetic or genomic screening & pregnancy diagnosis of chromosomal or specific genetic disease.
- k) Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis for embryo diagnosis and selection for assisted reproduction.
In addition, the Centre plans to offer teaching and training of specialist doctors (DNB in Medical Genetics), genetic counsellors and specialist nurses. The centre will also engage in research & development including participation in clinical trials etc.