- Nangia S, Khosa R, Aggarwal A , Balakrishnan P, SelvaKumar A, Rout S, Oomen S In post operative radiotherapy for oral cancer, is a uniform PRV margin for the cervical spine appropriate? Head and Neck. J Can Res Ther 2015;11:57-87.
- Saini G, Aggarwal A, Srivastava R, Sharma PK, Garg M, Nangia S, Chomal M. Image-Guided Radiation Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Carcinoma of the UrinaryBladder with Cone Beam CT Scan: Use of Individualized Internal Target Volumes for a Single Patient. Case Rep Oncol. 2012 Sep;5(3):498-505.
- Chomal M, Saini G, Sinha A, Aggarwal A, Jain A, Shrivastava R, Sharma PK,Nangia S. In Reply to Dr. Cashmore and colleagues: Lowering whole-body radiation doses in pediatric intensity - modulated radiotherapy through the use ofunflattened photon beams: Cashmore J et al. (Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys2011;80:1220-1227). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Mar 15;82(4):13245.
- Saini G, Aggarwal A, Sharma PK, Chomal M, Srivastava R, Nangia S, Garg M. Response to "Development and evaluation of multiple isocentric volumetricmodulated arc therapy technique for craniospinal axis radiotherapy planning". Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Jan1;82(1):494-5.
- Khosa R, Nangia S, Chufal K S, Ghosh D, Kaul R, Sharma L Daily Online Localisation Using Implanted Fiducials and Its Impact on Planning Target Volume for Prostate Cancer. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics 2010 72 (6) 172 -8
- Nangia.S. Chufal K. S. Tyagi A. Bhatnagar A. et al Selective Nodal Irradiation for Head and Neck Cancer Using Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy: Application of RTOG Consensus Guidelines in Routine Clinical Practice Int Journal Radiation Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Jan 76(1) 146 â 53.
- Nangia S, Chufal KS, Arivazhagan V, Srinivas P, Tyagi A, Ghosh D.
- Compensator-based intensity-modulated radiotherapy in head and neck cancer: our experience in achieving dosimetric parameters and their clinical correlation. Clin Oncol 2006 Aug;18(6):485-92
- Datta NR , Kumar S, Nangia S, Hukku S, Ayyagari S, A non-randomized comparison of two radiotherapy protocols in inoperable squamous cell carcinoma of the oesophagus. Clin Oncol 1998;10(5):306-12
- Chufal KS , Nangia S Aggression and innovation rather than palliation. Radiother Oncol. 2008;89:123.
- A Tyagi, S Nangia, K Chufal, M Mishra, D Ghosh, and MP Singh. Quality Assurance and Dosimetric Analysis of Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy Using Compensators for Head and Neck Cancers. Med. Phys.2008 35(6) 2763-2763.
- K. Chufal, S. Nangia, A. Tyagi, V. Arivazhagan, P. Srinivas, D. Ghosh. Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy Using Compensators for Head And Neck Cancer Patients: Impact of Dosimetric Parameters on Clinical Outcome Int Journal of Radiation Oncology Biol Phys, 66(3) S453-S454.
Advanced Courses / International Meetings Attended
- Annual Meeting of European Society of Radiotherapy & Oncology, April 2016, Turin
- âFaculty Development Programme in Research Methodologyâ organized by National Board of Examinations , April 2016, New Delhi.
- â 103rd BLA MUC: Treatment Planning & Physicsâ December 2011, Berlin.
- 3Rd Asia Pacific RT User Meetingâ Organised by BrainLab Academy, March 2011 Hong Kong.
- Stanford University SBRT Symposiumâ Oct 2010, Palo Alto, California, USA
- âImage Guided Radiotherapy In Clinical Practiceâ ESTRO teaching course in Dec 2009, Brussels, Belgium.
- âMolecular Oncology for the Radiation Oncologistâ ESTRO teaching course in May 2007, Estoril, Potugal
- â3rd Asia Pacific RT User Meetingâ Brain Lab user Meeting in March 2011 in Hong Kong, China.
- âSixth Global Breast Cancer Summitâ in April 2007, Lyon, France
- âImaging for Target Volume Determination in Radiotherapyâ. ESTRO teaching course in June 2005, Giardini Naxos, Italy.
- The Third Community Hospital IMRT Symposium and Workshop. September 2002,Monmouth Cancer Centre, Long Branch, New Jersey, USA.
- TMH Brachytherapy Practicum â 2006 , October Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- âESTRO TMH Course on Evidence Based Medicine â 2005â. Feb 2005 Mumbai
- âIMRT & Other Conformal Techniques: QA and Clinical Trialsâ 2004, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- âOrganising Research in Cancer Related Anemiaâ. March 2005, Evian, France
- Observer at Memorial Sloan Ketterring with Dr Michael Zelefsky, for IMRT. September 2002, New York, USA
- Observer at Moores Cancer Centre, University of California at San Diego, with Dr Ajay Sandhu, Jan 2008, San Diego, USA
- Observer at Montefiore - Albert Einstein Cancer Centre, with Dr Shalom Kalnicki & Dr Madhur Garg, for IGRT and SRS, Dec 2009, New York, USA
Senior Consultant & Academic Coordinator
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Unit head in Department of Radiation Oncology, Apollo Cancer Institute, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital with special interest in clinical oncology & modern radiation techniques, Stereotactic Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), Image Guided Radiotherapy ( IGRT), Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) and 3 D Brachytherapy. The department is equipped with a Novalis Tx linear accelerator, Clinac Ix linear accelerator, and Eckert & Ziegler Bebig HDR brachytherapy unit. The oncology centre treats a large number of brain tumour and head and neck cancer patients, besides other sites. The unit has a special interest in head neck cancer, brain tumours, hepato-biliary, GI, genitourinary and gynecological cancers. Research projects are ongoing in the field of head neck cancers and hepatocellular cercionoma. Patients are drawn from North India, neighbouring countries as well as patients from Africa & Middle East and Central Asia.
2009 â 2012
Chief Radiation Oncologist
International Oncology Centre, Fortis Hospital, Noida
Initiated clinical services at the state of the art oncology centre that offers modern radiation treatments in the form of Image Guided Radiotherapy ( IGRT), RapidArc, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy and 3D Brachytherapy. Equipped with a Varian Trilogy HD linear accelerator, Eclipse and BrainLab treatment planning systems, Varisource brachytherapy, Phillips Gemini PET CT, the centre was the first in North India to offer RapidArc treatments. Treatments are integrated with surgical oncology and systemic treatments.
1998 - 2009
Senior Consultant, Radiation Oncology
Batra Hospital, New Delhi
Wide ranging experience in the field of oncology, with special emphasis on advanced techniques in radiation oncology. One of the earliest adopters of modern radiation techniques, started the intensity modulated radiotherapy program of Batra Cancer Centre in 2003. Engaged in postgraduate teaching ( DNB Radiotherapy) and research.
The Batra Cancer Centre registers approximately 2300 new patients every year and offers multi modality cancer treatment. The centre is equipped with the latest Varian Clinac linear accelerator and Siemens Somatom CT Simulator besides brachytherapy and state of the art treatment planning computers.
MD Radiotherapy at Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Medical Science, Lucknow, a teaching institution of repute. Comprehensively trained in clinical & radiation oncology, with exposure to multimodality management of neurosurgical, urological, gastroenterological, breast and thoracic malignancies. The radiation oncology department of SGPGI is respected in the fraternity for its emphasis on academics, excellence and evidence based practice.
The Department of Radiotherapy was equipped with a Mitsubhishi Linear Accelerator, Theratron 780C, Shimadzu Simulator, Ralstron HDR brachytherapy unit and a Multidata Treatment planning computer during my tenure.