Neurosciences (Neurology & Neurosurgery) – Facilities
Dedicated Neuro and Neuro critical care Team
- Multislice Computerized Tomography (64 slice CT) – Computed tomography (CT) scanning is a state-of-the-art medical imaging technology essential to many neurological and spinal procedures.
- 3T Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – Delivers the highest resolution brain imaging to identify any brain malformations, tumors, strokes, or injury that may generate a seizure disorder.
- Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) – Detects abnormalities of the blood vessels of the brain such as narrowing and blockage, or malformations.
- Electroencephalogram(EEG)- An EEG is conducted to record and analyze electrical signals generated by the brain
- Electromyelogram(EMG)- The EMG is an essential test to diagnose any nerve or muscle disease, which helps to establish an appropriate treatment.
- Nerve conduction velocity test (NCV) – is an electrical test that is used to detect signs of nerve injury.
- Evoked Potentials (EP)- measure the electrophysiologic responses of the nervous system to stimuli
- Video EEG- This non invasive procedure is used to establish the diagnosis of various forms of seizure activity
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD)- non invasively measures direction and velocity of blood in major intracranial vessels
Dedicated Operating Rooms(7 and 8)- state of the art operating theatres which are equipped with latest equipments.
Dedicated Neuro ICU – 11 beds
Dedicated Neuro ICU (post op)- 7 beds
The Stroke ICU -6 beds
- Interventional Neuro Radiology
- Microsurgical Instrumentation
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Novalis Tx Unit
- Stroke Programme
- Comprehensive Epilepsy Programme
- Movement disorder Programme
- Pain management