Internal Medicine - Treatment & Services
Internal Medicine - Treatment & Services
This department provides broad range of services for diagnosis and treatment by doctors skilled in the management of patients who have undifferentiated or multi-system disease processes. It has round the clock back up from allied departments like cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, neurology, nephrology and psychiatry.The services provided under the specialty include:1. Critical care: a. Intensive care treatment and management of critically ill/compromised patients, infectious diseases, drug overdose and poisoning and other medical emergencies like Septicemia, diabetic ketoacidosis, shock of any kind, meningitis, pneumonia etc. b. Management of chronic diseases:
- Involves multi-system discussion by senior consultant of department of medicine
- Coordination between different specialist and holistic care of patients
- Malaria, Typhoid fever, Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Dengue fever, influenza etc. (Investigated in depth and treated)
- Active involvement of faculty in providing emergency care
- Modern and world class standard intensive care unit with step down intensive care wards.
- Efficient nursing care of two to one patient and nurse ratio.
e. Environmental disease management:
- Includes diseases due to Industrial chemical exposure, drowning, electrical injuries, radiation injuries, snake bite, lizard bite, dog bite, insect or scorpion bite are treated in department on Internal medicine.
- The first hyperbaric center in private hospital set up in year 2000 and is managed by one of our senior consultants.
- Effective and safe treatment in which 100% oxygen is breathed in by a patient in a pressurized cabin at a pressure greater than the atmospheric pressure.
- Our facility uses a multiplace chamber equipped to accommodate 5-6 patients and is given for various indications on basis of standardized protocols
- Allergy testing
- Immunotherapy offered to selected difficult cases of Bronchial asthma, Rhinitis and other diseases.
1. Pre-operative checks: before any surgery in order to diagnose any potential problems pre operatively to
- optimize patient’s condition
- Senior consultants of department are involved in preoperative checks in addition to anesthetists’ assessment
- Diagnose and manage new and existing medical problems prior to surgical procedures and afterwards.
- consultants are available to take on spot decisions for treatment of patients
- They are designed to diagnose and evaluate fitness for employment by various organizations
- Research all over the World has proven that it is more economical to invest in preventive healthcare rather than to think of a hospital only in times of distress. More than the cost, it is about the sheer joy of living a happy life without having to worry about one’s health. Apollo has pioneered the concept of Preventive Health Checkups and has created a satisfied customer base over decades. Regular checkups are recommended since a disease can develop at any stage in life. The sooner you detect any irregularity in your system better is the management and outcome of treatment. Apollo Health Checks are all inclusive health screening programmes that offers you the convience of all tests under one roof. Apollo Hospitals has been a pioneer in the area of preventive health care and preventive checks in India, through the Apollo Preventive Health Check programmes. With vast experience in the area of preventive health care, a range of tailor-made packages have been developed to cater to the needs of a wide cross section of individuals. One of the most comprehensive Preventive Health Care and Screening Programmes in the country, the Apollo Preventive Health Checks, India offers the convenience of all the tests under one roof, expert specialist consultations and immediate treatment, if called for
- Apollo Health Check packages
- To book an appointment call:+91-11-29871090/1091
- We provide not only therapeutic but also preventive care and counsel patients on basic lifestyle modifications to improve their quality of life
- Committed to providing convenient, personalized, and cost-effective immunization services for immigrants, new employees and other members of the community.