Advanced Wound Care
At Indraprastha Apollo Hospital’s Advanced Wound Care Centre, we are committed to treating chronic wounds through a multidisciplinary approach including Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment.
Any wound not healing adequately with standard wound care in 30 days is in need of Advanced wound care services. Treatment of these wounds can be challenging.
Advanced wound care combines state of the art techniques with principles of moist wound healing and achieves faster healing with better cosmetic outcomes
Diabetes-related lower-extremity amputations are largely preventable. Eighty-five percent of amputations are preceded by a foot ulcer. Effective management of diabetic foot ulcers, which leads to healing, can prevent limb loss.
Our centre helps in diagnosing the underlying cause of the non-healing ulcers and manages it in a multi-pronged manner to achieve faster healing with less pain
A variety of wounds can be managed at our Centre, including:
- Bed sores (Pressure ulcers)
- Diabetic foot ulcers/diabetic wounds
- Venous ulcers / Varicose ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Complex burns
- Radiation ulcers
- Autoimmune ulcers.
Wound Care Services
Many services are offered for the management of chronic wounds. These services include:
- Wound evaluation and monitoring using advanced modalities such as sequential Thermal Imaging, transcutaneous measurement of partial pressure of oxygen, ankle brachial pressure index measurement, etc.
- Wound treatment, including cleaning and bandages.
- Mechanical, sharp and enzymatic debridement of non-healing wounds.
- Advanced wound dressing selection such as alginates, hydrofiber, collagen dressings, etc
- Pressure treatments, including compression wraps and negative pressure wound therapy (Wound vac)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (in selected cases).
- Comprehensive foot examination which includes biothesiometry for vibration perception testing, cold perception test, monofilament test, static and dynamic foot pressure and ankle brachial pressure index.
- Moisture treatments with hydrogels and tissue builders
- Biological dressings /Skin substitutes
- Coordination of advanced surgical or medical care if indicated.
Get an Appointment
If you have any questions, please call the Apollo Wound Care Centre at 011-71792029. Our knowledgeable staff will guide you on the best way to set up an appointment. Many patients who have been advised amputation for gangrene or diabetic foot ulcer have benefitted from our services and their limbs have been salvaged. Our doctors are always available for a second opinion if amputation has been advised.