Dr Vanita Arora
M.D, D.N.B. (Cardiology) M.N.A.M.S, FRCP (Edinburgh), FESC, FHRS
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Over 25 years of rich experience in Cardiology
Have worked with Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre & Max Healthcare Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi & KEM Hospital, Mumbai
Dr Vanita Arora is known for her expertise in the field of cardiac pacing and electrophysiology including RF ablation of complex arrhythmias, ICD implantation, Biventricular Pacemakers, Leadless Pacemakers and His Bundle Pacing.She is currently working as Senior Consultant, Cardiac Electrophysiologist & Interventional Cardiologist at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. She was formely working as Director & Head of Cardiac Electrophysiology lab and Arrhythmia Services at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi.
During her tenure at Escorts Heart Institute from 1995-2007, Dr Arora did her DNB in Cardiology, took training in Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology. She received her fellows training in Cardiac Electrophysiology & Complex Arrhythmias at St. Luke’s Hospital, Milwaukee, USA and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy at University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany. She then became a pioneer in establishing 3D Mapping Ablation for complex arrhythmias at Escorts. She did the inception of department of cardiac electrophysiology when she joined in Max Hospital, Saket in 2009. She did the first Live Case of Leadless Pacemaker in the Asia Pacific region at the TCT India in August 2016 after getting the training from Florida, USA.
She also has to her credit the workshops she does of Physiological Pacing for which she trained at Rush University Medical Centre, Chicago, USA.
She is pioneer in the country for 3D Mapping for complex arrhythmias, Leadless Pacemaker, Cardiac Resynchronization therapy, His Bundle Pacing and Left Bundle Pacing.
She has immense interest in teaching and has been actively involved in teaching DNB Cardiology and Medicine candidates along with the fellows and MRCP candidates at Max Super Speciality Hospital. She was the Course Director for Max-lHRS Electrophysiology Fellowship Training Programme. She is received the highest accolade as the Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) and is also the MRCP Examiner.
Dr Arora has been actively participating in National and International Research Trials for Cardiac Devices, Drugs, Electrophysiology as the Principal Investigator. She is invited as a faculty to various national and international conferences, symposia and workshops. She has tremendously contributed to the EP & Device Programs in Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka. She also has to her credit the performing of the First Leadless Pacemaker Implant at Phillipines, Manilla and starting the programme there in January 2019.
- Executive member of Cardiology Society of India, Delhi Branch, for the year 2006-2008, 2021-2022
- Treasurer, Executive Committee of Indian Heart Rhythm Society – 2012-2018
- Life-Member of Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society
- Secretary, Indian Heart Rhythm Society 2018-2020 & 2021-2022
- President, Indian Medical Association, New Delhi Branch for year 2020, 2021
- President- elect, Indian Society of Electrocardiology for year 2022
Awards And Achievements
- More than 3000 radio frequency ablations, 3500 permanent pacemaker implantations, 2000 biventricular pacemaker, 500 3D mapping radio frequency ablation of complex arrhythmias to her credit
- Pioneer in starting 3D Mapping in Escorts and Max Hospitals
- Pioneer in implanting ‘Leadless Pacemaker’ in India, since 2016
- First “Live Case” of Leadless Pacemaker Micra at TCT India in August 2016
- Pioneer in His Bundle Pacing (HBP),Left Bundle Branch Pacing, Physiological Pacing in the country
- Awarded Rising Star – Cardiology by Times Healthcare Awards, 2017
- Awarded ‘Women Entrepreneur’ of year 2018 by IMA-NDB
- Awarded Healthcare Personality of year 2016 by Business World Healthcare Summit Awards
- Awarded “Magnanimous Award” for Excellence in Cardiology presented by IMA Academy of Medical Specialities, New Delhi
- Distinguished Service Award bestowed upon her by His Excellency, Bharat Ratna
- Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam for outstanding contribution in the field of Clinical & Preventive Cardiology in the World
- Awarded ‘Best Case Report Award in Cardiology’ at the Annual Meeting of Cardiology Society of India – Delhi Branch
Research And Publications
- Presented over 300 papers in National and International conferences and contributed to nearly 100 publications in National and International arenas