Dr Sushma Prasad Sinha
MBBS, MD, MRCOG(UK), FRCOG(UK), FICOG, FIMSA
Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr Sushma Sinha is a highly skilled gynaecological surgeon and a renowned IVF expert with a more than 33 years of experience in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- She has worked in various teaching and non- teaching hospitals in India and UK and has been treating patients from different parts of India and many countries of the world.
- The reasons why she excels in her profession are because of her vast experience and knowledge, her empathetic and compassionate nature,
- ability to take pain to explain the patients in detail and unmatched skill to perform all kind of open, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. Gynaecological Expertise
- Infertility and IVF She has more than 18 years of experience in Assisted reproduction and has been performing IVF, ICSI, IVF with donor eggs programmes, IUI, Follicular monitoring.
- Being one of the first trained IVF experts in Delhi from UK, she is widely known for an excellent success rate in this field.
- All kind of laparoscopic surgeries such as ovarian cyst,
- fibroid, endometriosis, hysterectomy, fertility preservation surgeries etc.
- All kind of hysteroscopic surgeries.
- Vaginal surgeries – Prolapse, non- descent vaginal hysterectomy, vaginal rejuvenation surgeries etc. Abdominal surgeries – fibroids removal, hysterectomy, ovarian cyst removal, endometriosis treatment etc.
- Tubal surgeries, tubal reconstruction.
- Management of polycystic ovarian disease.
- Contraceptive advice.
- Medical/ operative management of ectopic pregnancy.
- Medical/ surgical pregnancy termination
- Colposcopy, loop cone cervical biopsy
- Pre-cancer screening and treatment
- Management of urinary symptoms Obstetrical expertise:
- Normal, vaginal and operative (LSCS) deliveries
- High risk pregnancy (with diabetes, high blood pressure, SLE etc.) management
- Painless delivery
- Pre-pregnancy advice
- Life member of the Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society of India (FOGSI)
- Life and executive member of Indian Fertility Society (IFS)
- Life member of the Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- Life member of the Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoecopists (AIEG)
- Life member of Andrology Society of India Life member of association of Obs & Gynae of Delhi (AOGD).
- Life member of NARCHI Member of advisory board of Wyeth company Member of Noida Obs & Gynae society
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, London (UK) – 2007
- Academy of medical sciences, India – 2009
- Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists – 2011
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist (RCOG)
- Indian Fertility Society (IFS)
- Indian Society of Assissted Reprodution (ISAR)
- Association of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (AOGD)
- Indian Association of gynaecological endoscopists (AIEG)
- National Association of Reproductive & child health (NARCHI)
Awards And Achievements
- Joint Secretary Indian Fertility Society from April 2014 till date
- Editor Indian Fertility Society 2012- 2014
- Executive Council Member Indian Fertility Society 2008- 2012
- Ex–Executive council Member of Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, London, from North Zone, India
- One of the first trained IVF experts of New Delhi
- Most of the firsts of IVF and ICSI programmes of Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi including the first IVF babies in 2000,
- first successful pregnancy from cryopreserved embryos as well as first baby from IVF Donor programme. Website: doctorIVFindia.com Only senior consultant who has expertis both in IVF & Infertility as well as in fertility enhancing laparoscopic and & Hysteroscopic surgeries and tubal reconstruction (microsurgery) Jt Editor India Infertility society Ex member of Executive Council of Royal college of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London from North Zone, India.
- Invited faculty in various conferences, CME’s of national & state level in view of special interest & expertise in IVF infertility & endoscopic surgeries. Organized Infertility and endoscopy conferences and workshops & CMEs.
- Many presentations on various topics of IVF & Infertility, Endoscopic surgery,
- High risk obstetrics in various National and International conferences, chaired numerous academic sessions. Organized various CMEs (continued medical education)
Research And Publications
- Research-To study the phenotype,metabolic Endocrine & & soonopraphic characteristic of PCOS in Indian Woman.Correlation of AMH-c AFC in Indian patients,Pregnancy Complications in PCOS patinets comapared with normal.Publications:-Gonarotrophics alone is a better drug for ovaries stimulation than in combination with clomiphro in IUI.
- Indian Journal of Obsterics 2015 & Gynaecology online March.review articles on Evaluation of fertility couple ApolloMedicine Vol 3 March 2006.review article cryo presevation of genetics ApolloMedicine Vol 6 no 3 Sep 2009.Case preservation A rare case of Neurofibroma of pelvis ApolloMedicine Volume 6 no 3 Sep 2009.A book chapter initial evaluation of infertilie couple in “Effective approch to basic evalution of subfertile couple`2010.Article on role Robotic surgery in fertility in Apollo Medicine 2012.