DR. SUSHIL KUMAR JAIN
Department of General and Advance Laparoscopic Surgery
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi-mathura Road, New Delhi - 110076
- Well renowned for his consistent performance par excellence with highest number of successful surgeries in his department per annum.
- Having acquired his qualifications and basic practicing skills in Assam, his integral north-east connect has always been an indispensable part of his life.
- Affectionately referred to as “Ambassador to the People of Assam”; he is one of those about whom more and more people love to write; Som P Ranchan, Punya devi are a few of such renowned writers.
- He is most heard by the print and electronic media in Assam for selflessly helping the patients.
- Advanced Training and Clinical interest areas: He was one of those who started laparoscopic surgery in our country after having received formal training in the same from Middlesex Hospital in the United Kingdom.
- He finished his super specialization in colorectal surgery from the world’s most prestigious St Mark’s Hospital, London in 1989-90.
- His experience, practice and training in the same field was further strengthened by his association with world famous colorectal surgeon Dr Pramod Kumar Jhawar as his associate surgeon at Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences; Mumbai.
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
- Joint Secretary : Association of Daycare Surgeons’ of India
- World Association of Hepato-pancreato Biliary Surgery
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Association of Surgeons of Assam- LIFE MEMBER
- Fellow, Royal Society of Health, London
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (FOUNDER MEMBER)
- Hernia Society of India- LIFE MEMBER
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS-CM-0372)
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons- LIFE MEMBER (IAGES-1461)
Awards and Achievements
- He is proud recipient of Dr. AmbedkarSewashree National Award.
- He has also received Surgery Ratna Award and ShrawakRatna Award.
- Dr. Jain was recently honoured by the Press Club of Guwahati in May 2011 as “Guest of the month”.
- Manyobar Probashi Asomiya(MostAdored Non-Resident Assamsee).
- Honorary Advisor-Central Medical Advisory Board,KAAC, ASSAM.