Dr. Shakti Bhan Khanna – Top Gynaecologist and Obstetrician In New Delhi
Experience in various fields of gynaecology like Gynae-oncology, gynae endocrinology, infertility and high risk pregnancies and pelvic reconstrutive surgery. Top Gynaecologist and Obstetrician In New Delhi
Gynecology & Obstetrics
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi-mathura Road, New Delhi - 110076
- More than 46 years of experience in Obst & Gynaecology,
- Recognized post graduate teacher since 1985 for the university of Kashmir, Jammu, Delhi, AIIMS and Bombay,
- Experience in various fields of gynaecology like Gynae-oncology, gynae endocrinology, infertility and high risk pregnancies and pelvic reconstrutive surgery,
- Evolved the surgical technique of Khanna’s Sling Operation for vault Prolapse with successful results.
- Has been the Assistant Prof to Professor in GMC, Srinagar for 30 years and Working at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital since December 1995 till now as a senior consultant.
- Association of Obstetricians & Gynecologists of Srinagar, Kashmir.
- Association of Gynaecologist and Obstetrician of Delhi (AOGD).
- Federation of Obstetricians & Gynecologists of India.
- Indian Menopause Society.
- Association of Diabetologists of India.
- National Association of Reproductive and Child Health of India (NARCHI).
- Indian Association of Gynae Endoscopists.
- Association of Gynaecologic Oncologists of India. Member of Executive Committees of
- Secretary for 10 years for Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Srinagar from 1980-1990.
- Member Executive Committee of Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi (AOGD) since 1999.
- Member Geriatric Gynecology Committee of Federation of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Society of India (FOGSI) for the year 1999.
- Member of Oncology Subcommittee of Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi (AOGD) since 2004.
- Member Executive Committee of NARCHI Delhi for last 10 years.
Awards and Achievements
- Has been the Academic Co-ordinator since 1995 to 1997 and 2002 to 2005 and clinical Co-ordinator from 2000 to 2002 from 2008 till date WHO Intra country fellowship in 1982.
- Millennium fellowship by Indian Collage of Obst. & Gynae-2002. Fellowship by Indian college of maternity and child health 2002 Elected as fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences in the year 2007.
- Elected as fellow of International Academy of Medical Sciences in the year 2008. Delivered Annual Oration on “Fetal Origin of Adult Diseases” in 26th Annual Conference of Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi in October 2004.
- Delivered Achanta Lakshmipathi Oration for the year 2005-2006 for National Academy of Medical Sciences at Hyderabad. Felicitated by “Kashmiri Samiti Delhi (Regd.)” a nodal agency for displaced Kashmiris declared by Government of India to look after the welfare of Kashmiri Pandit Migrants in the country in the year 2003
- as an outstanding Community Worker, Gynaecologist, Social and Human Rights Activist. “ Maa Sharika Samman 2007” Felicitated by “Kashmiri Sewak Samaj in Medicine and Healthcare in the year of April 3, 2009 at Sharika Bhawan, Sector-17, Faridabad Felicitation in Second International Conference Gynae Plastic Surgeons held in Amritsar in March 2009.
Research and Publications
- Publications “Role of Hysterosalpingography in complication after IUCD” A. Das & S. Bhan; IUCD report of ICMR Seminar 1969,143 – 159, New Delhi-16,
- “Paracervical block anesthesia for minor gynaecological operations” S.Bhan & G. Dhar; J.Assoc. Of Medical Women in India, Dec. 1976.
- “Carcinoma rectum causing obstructed labour -A case report” S.Bhan, R. Madan& G.Dhar; J. of Obst. & Gynae of India 27: 231, 1977.
- Abstracted in Oncology abstracts clinical & Experimental Studies, vol.2 No, 2, Feb. 1978.
- “Non-gravid horn causing obstruction in labour – A case report”; G.Dhar, S.Bhan & V.Kaul; J.of Obst. & Gynae of India 28:160, 1978.
- “Obstetrical behavior of grand multipara – A comparative study”. S.Bhan & G.Dhar; J. of Obst. & Gynae of India 28: 263, 1978.
- “Fibrinogen level in toxemia of pregnancy”. V.Kaul, G. Dhar & S.Bhan; Indian J.Obst. & Gynae. 29:1, 1979.
- “Efficacy of epidosin in labour” S.Bhan, V.Raina, V.Kaul, G.Dhar& T.Lahdol; Ind. J.Obst. & Gynae. 632-635, June 1979.
- “Vacuum aspiration versus dilatation and curettage” R.Madan,
- S.Bhan & J.A. Naqashbandi; J.Obst & Gynae, of India; 31; 5,730-734, Oct. 1981.
- “Scar Endometriosis” S.Bhan& G.Dhar; Book for Postgraduate Students By P.K. Devi, Bhaskar Rao. “Long Term Genital Effects of Menopause, HRT and Genital Cancers” published in “Menopause and Role of HRT in Indian Women”, A Second National Revised Consensus and Policy development Document 2002 by Indian Menopause Society.
- “Breast Problems in Geriatric Women”, chapter in the book entitled “clinical practice of Common Problems in Women” – FOGSI Publication; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Limited, New Delhi, 2003.
- “A prospective study related to the impact of cultural and educational backgrounds on awareness regarding menopause in Indian women”; Swasti, Jha U.P., Khanna S.B., Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand; vol. 87 Suppl. 1; March 2004;S 55
- “Laparoscopic Khanna’s Sling Operation for Post Hysterectomy Vault Prolapse – A case report”; Khanna S.B., Dash K., Swasti; AOGD Bulletin July 2004.
- “Sex after Menopause”; Times of Medicine; Issue 5; Volume 1 August 2004.
- “Role of Well Woman Check in Screening for Gynecological Malignancies-Apollo Journal Vol.1, 2 December 2004.
- “Effects of exogenous ethinyl estradiol on endometrial receptivity in clomiphene induced cycles in infertile women with polycystic ovaries” Swasti, S.B. Khanna, U.Koul, J. k science Vol. 7,3,140-145 (indexed in Excerpta Medica /EMBASE,, Ulrich Periodical Dictionary & Indian Science Abstract) “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome –A Diagnostic Dilemma” S.B Khanna, Swasti, J. K Science Journal of Medical Education & Research, Vol.7,2 April -June 2005
- (indexed in Excerpta Medica /EMBASE,, Ulrich Periodical Dictionary & Indian Science Abstract.) “ HPV: The Ultimate Cancer Initiator?” S.B. Khanna, editorial review, in Apollo Medicine Journal, Vol 3 No. 1 in March 2006.
- “Evidence Based Management of Preterm Labour” P. Changulani, S.B. Khanna, Kiranabala Dash and Sanchita Biswas in Apollo Medicine Journal, Vol 3 No. 1 in March 2006.
- “Etiology & Treatment of Vault Prolapse-Recent Advances and Personal Experience” S. B Khanna and Kiranabala Dash, in Apollo Medicine Journal, Vol 3 No. 1 in March 2006.
- “Modern Concepts in Pelvic Anatomy & Implication on Prolapse Surgery “ S.B Khanna, Kiranabala Dash, Kaushiki Dwivedee published in Obs & Gynae Today, Vol XII no. 7 in July 2007.
- “Early Detection of Gynaecological Malignancies-Refreshing Awareness for Medical Fraternity” S.B.Khanna published in Annals of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) Vol 42, No 4 in October-December
- 20 Fetal Origin of Adult diseases-S.B Khanna, Kiranbala Dash, Swasti Kaushiki Dwivedi. J. K. Science Journal of Medical Education and Research.9 (4); October-December 2007:206-210