Dr. Rakesh Mahajan | Best Vascular Surgeon in Delhi
MBBS, MS, FRCS, FRCS
36 years +
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi-mathura Road, New Delhi - 110076
He has a rich experience of 35 years in surgery
He has been Senior Consultant, Vascular Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, since September 2004
Formerly, he was Consultant Surgeon at Royal Gwent Hospital, UK
Dr. Mahajan has developed the department of vascular surgery at Apollo hospital Delhi into one of the most trusted centers for vascular surgery, providing specialized care for the past 25 years. There is tireless strife to maintain international standards. Thousands of patients are satisfied having been successfully treated. Apollo offers comprehensive vascular surgery care with entire range of vascular surgery services being available to the patients, catering not only national but international patients also.
- Varicose Veins- treatment with ‘Laser/Radio-Frequency Ablation’, Glue Ablation, foam sclerotheray. These are minimal invasive endovascular surgeries and use pin hole techniques
- Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) involving any vein & Pulmonary Embolism and its chronic complications. Using thrombolysis and or thrombosuction (penumbra), venoplasty-stenting & IVC filter; Complex venous reconstruction and bypass.
- Comprehensive management of Diabetic Foot problem which includes revascularization, debridements and stem cell therapy.
- Limb Salvage for Gangrene/ Peripheral Vascular Disease, Buerger’s Disease – Endovascular treatment – Angiography & Angioplasty/Stenting & Open Bypass Surgery.
- Wound management using specialized dressings like VAC therapy, IDRT.
- ‘Stenting’ & Surgery for Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) & Aortic Occlusive Disease, via both open and endovascular techniques like EVAR and TEVAR.
- Carotid Surgery for Stroke prevention both open and endovascular.
- Complex Dialysis Access Procedures – Fistulas for Dialysis & dealing with short & long term complications of these procedures
- Placement of catheters like HD catheter, Permacath placement, PIC line placement, Chemoport insertion
- Comprehensive management of Vascular Trauma
- Management of Lymphedema
- Uterine artery embolisation required for various Obstretric and gynaecological issues.
- Surgery for excessive sweating- Hyperhydrosis & blue fingers- Raynaud’s syndrome (including Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy)
- Treatment of Mesenteric & Renal ischemia and portal hypertension
- Arterio-Venous malformations & all other non-cardiac Vascular Problems.
- Treatment of Cervical rib and its related complications
- Management of pain and cramps in both upper and lower limbs.
- Vascular Society of India
- International Society of Vascular Surgery
- The Association of Surgeons of India
1. Mahajan R, Seth S, Braithwaite PA: Splenic Flexure Volvulus. Int J Colorectal Dis 2000; 15: 182-184.
2. Mahajan R, Mosley JG: Use of a semipermeable polyamide dressing over skin grafts to venous leg ulcers. Br J Surg 1995; 82: 1359-1360.
3. Mahajan R, Sharma LK: Assessment of the nutritional status of general surgical patients and the value of nutritional parameters in predicting their postoperative course. AIIMS; November 1988.
1. Sagar G, Mandal SK, Tawakley S, Mahajan R, Jasuja S: End of the Road Therapy: Vascular Access in a Difficult Situation. Abstract presented at Vascular Access Conference 2010, 18-19 March, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
2. Mahajan R: Neonatal Vascular emergencies. Abstract presented at Vascular Society of India Meeting Nov 2007
3. Mahajan R, Singhal H, Hay DJ: Audit of cholecystectomies at a district general hospital in North Wales. Abstract presented at the Welsh Surgical Society meeting in May 1997.
4. Mahajan R, Mosley JG: The Use of a Semipermeable Polyamide Dressing over Skin Grafts to Venous Leg Ulcers. Poster in the 75th meeting of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI), London, June 1995.