Dr Prof Raju Vaishya
American College of Surgeons (FACS) – 2020 Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS) -2012 University of Liverpool (MCh Orth) – 1990 Jiwaji University, Gwalior (MS Orth)- 1986 Jiwaji University, Gwalior (MBBS) - 1983
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Orthopaedic Registrar, JA Group of Hospitals, Gwalior (1983-1986)
- Orthopaedic Registrar – Roberts Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, UK (March 1987-Dec. 1989)
- Orthopaedic Registrar, Royal Liverpool Children’s Hospital, Alder Hey, Liverpool, UK (1st Jan. 1990-31st Dec 1990)
- Specialized Arthroscopy training at Rush Medical Centre, Chicago, USA, and Royal Liverpool Hospital, UK (2003-2004)
- Specialised training in trauma at Celle General Hospital, Germany (1993)
Speciality And Areas Of Interest
- Knee & Hip Surgery (Total Joint Replacement & Arthroscopic Surgery)
- Joint preservation techniques
- 3-D printing in Orthopaedics
- Chairman of Basic Science & Research committee and Ex-Chairman, IT & web resource committee and Member, Ethical Committee of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Past President of Indian Cartilage Society
- Founder President, Arthritis Care Foundation
- Biography published in Wikipedia, both in English and Hindi.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (9043745)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS, 3361657)
- SICOT International (No 17484)
- Indian Orthopedic Association (LM 1524)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Arthroscopy Society of India (IAS)
- Indian Cartilage Society (ICS, 027)
Awards And Achievements
- Listed among the Top 2% Researchers in the world, in the list created by Stanford University, California in October 2021, based on standardized citation indicators. A total of 3352 researchers from India have found a place in this list, and I stood at #460, and amongst all the Indian Orthopaedic Surgeons, at #2.
- Indian Achiever’s Award (2021), in recognition of outstanding professional achievements and Nation building. 17th January 2022.
- World record holder (listed in the Limca & India book of Records four times) for doing bilateral total knee replacement in the oldest person & couple (at the age of 93 & 86 years)
- Featured in the Asia Book of Records twice for setting a record for writing maximum articles on the pandemic Covid-19 in a short time (3months and 20 days), by publishing 40 articles, and by publishing maximum number of 106 papers in 2020.
- Recipient of several distinguished awards like Dr. BC Roy Award, and Gold medal of MP IMA, SIEMENS-GAPIO award, Distinguished Researcher award of AHERF.
Research And Publications
- Authored 700+ publications, in peer-reviewed and indexed medical journals and 1000+ invited lectures in various national & international conferences and meetings.
- Authored 20 chapters for the reputed medical books, 4 books as an editor, written 2 book reviews and have been guide to 9 post graduate medical theses.
- On the Editorial Board of 8 medical journals, including Editor in Chief of Journal of Orthopaedics, Journal of Orthopaedic Reports, and Apollo Medicine.
- Recipient of several best paper publication awards of AHERF, Delhi Orthopaedic Association, and Indian Arthroscopy Society.