DR. NIKHIL MODI
MBBS, MD, FCCP, EDARM, IDCCM
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi-mathura Road, New Delhi - 110076
- Associated with work in Department of Respiratory, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
- Having been associated with the same I’ve dealt with all types of respiratory ailments including sleep, with extensive exposure of fibreoptic bronchoscopy and other chest related procedures and managing all types of critically ill patients
Have a vast experinece and training various departments and laboratories:
- Intensive care unit:
- Sleep laboratory and polysomnography
- Pulmonary function laboratory:
- Fibreoptic Bronchoscopy and Autofluorescence Video Bronchoscopy:
- Allergy skin testing and immunotherapy for aeroallergens.
- Tobacco cessation clinic.
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation clinic.
- Holder of European Diploma In Adult Respiratory medicine (EDARM)
- Holder of Indian Diploma In critical care medicine (IDCCM)
- Fellow (FCCP) American College of Chest Physician
- Member of National College of Chest Physicians (LM – 1079)
- Member of European Respiratory Society
Member Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
Awards And Achievements
- Received various Awards and Grants for various research work done
Research and Publications
- Published a paper “Acute respiratory distress syndrome: Predictors of noninvasive ventilation failure and intensive care unit mortality in clinical practice” in Journal of Critical care Vol;31, 26 -30
- Published a case report “Intrathoracic goitre associated with pulmonary tuberculosis” in Indian Journal of Tuberculosis Vol:62, 117-120
- M.D. Thesis done as per the course (Pulmonary Medicine) requirements under the guidance of Prof. Ashok Shah, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi, Delhi.Title of the study: Assessment of severity of disease in patients with allergic rhinitis when categorized as “sneezers and runners” and “blockers”
- Oral presentation of abstract named Assessment of severity of disease in patients with allergic rhinitis when categorized as “sneezers and runners” and “blockers” at the 14th Congress of Asian Pacific Society of Respirology, 2010 held at Seoul, South Korea
- Abstract presentation in NAPCON 2012 on a case of “Hypereosinophilic Syndrome with bilateral pneumothorax”
- Abstract presentation in NAPCON 2015 on a case of “Mucor and Aspergillus coinfection in immunocompromised host : A rare occurrence”
- Further 4 more publications ahead accepted and to be published in upcoming editions of different journals