Dr Deepak Govil
MBBS, MS, Ph.D
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi-mathura Road, New Delhi - 110076
- During MS (Surgery):I was posted in a surgical unit mainly looking after the Gastrointestinal load in liaison with the Department of Gastroenterology, AIIMS,
- At the Dr Ram ManoharLohia Hospital:Dealt with all types of surgical cases both routine and emergency including Gastrointestinal Surgical cases,.
- During the course of PhD (GI Surgery) at the Department of Liver and Gastrointestinal -Surgery, AIIMS: Managed both In and Outpatients coming to the Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Worked as a Senior resident in the Department for 3 years.
- As Assistant Professor Surgery at GTB Hospital, New Delhi:Independently managed patients with Gastrointestinal surgery problems, performed major GI Surgical operations ,
- At the Department of GI Surgery, PSRI, New Delhi:I have established the Department of GI Surgery at this hospital. I have performed approx. 1000 operations related to liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery including Laparoscopic surgery.
- At the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
The Department is an active GI surgical unit dealing with complicated GI Surgical cases.
- Major Gastrointestinal Surgical procedures: Some of the major GI procedures performed are:
- Surgery for portal hypertension
- Splenectomy and Lieno-renal shunts
- Ileo-anal anstomosis with pouch for Ulcerative colitis
- Oesophageal resection with Gastric pull up
- Whipple’s Pancreato-duodenectomy
- Hepaticojejunostomy for biliary strictures and benign and malignant obstructive jaundice
- Surgery for Surgical obstructive jaundice
- Surgery for pancreatic diseases- Acute & Chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic malignancies
- Surgery for Upper and Lower GI haemorrhage
- GI malignancies – Oesophageal, Gastric, colonic, rectal cancers
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Actively participating in the living related liver transplants being done at our hospital since 15/9/06. Participated in transplants along with the present team.
Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
- During the course of PhD (GI Surgery) at the Department of Liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery, AIIMS: Managed both In and Outpatients coming to the Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Worked as a Senior resident in the Department for 3 years.
- As Assistant Professor Surgery at GTB Hospital, New Delhi: Independently managed patients with Gastrointestinal surgery problems, performed major GI Surgical operations
- At the Department of GI Surgery, PSRI, New Delhi: I have established the Department of GI Surgery at this hospital. I have performed approx. 1000 operations related to liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery including Laparoscopic surgery.
- At the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi: The Department is an active GI surgical unit dealing with complicated GI Surgical cases.
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Delhi chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Indian Association of endoscopic Gastro surgeons of India
- South Delhi branch of the Indian Medical Association.Life Memberships of the following organisations:-
- Association of surgeons of India.
- Delhi Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Soceity of gastroenterology.
- South Delhi Branch of Indian Medical Association
- Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India.
Awards And Achievements
- Have been given degree of Adjunct Associate professor(AHERF)Apollo Hospitals,New Delhi.1.Received Presidents appreciation award at IMA South Delhi annual convention in Jan’09
Was Secretary of the Consultant forum of Apollo hospital – till March’09 – organized lot of activities in the forum.3. As the Convenor of Delhi GI Surgeons Club” for 12 years,Organising clinical meetings in differeent departments of surgical Gastroenterology in Delhi.
Research and Publications
- Thesis during postgraduation in Surgery at AIIMS.Title: “Evaluation of renal functions in Surgical Obstructive Jaundice” 1985.
- Thesis during PhD course at the AIIMS – Title: “Biliary obstruction and portal hypertension- A clinical and experimental study” Aug’95.
- Guided thesis protocol for DNB Surgery : Chief guide for Dr Anil Kumar – thesis work: role of diagnostic laparoscopy in GI malignancies.
- Co guide for thesis DrKalyan titled: Correlation of imaging with MDCT in Acute abdomen.
- Co guide for thesis DrParas Gupta titled: Comparison of MDCT and pathology in Colorectal cancers.
- Chief guide for DrSubhash Mishra thesis titled: Hand assisted laparoscopy for colorectal cancer .
- Renal Function In Obstructive Jaundile” Apre & post operative assesment . JAPI, 1993, 82:877-884. 2-Portal Haemodynamics In Rats With Biliary Obstruction followed by Biliary Decompression . Gastroenterol 1995:V0114(supp 1)A1B.
- Surgical treatment of complete prolapse rectum in childhood by hosterior rectal well shiftening prochology 1959 V018.
- Nutrition support in Adult Pancreatities ” 2000.
- Short Gut Syndrom” Jan 2002.
- Surgical treatment for Ulcerative Colitis Jan 2003.
- Suegery for complicated paneativePseudoysts ” Gastroenterol 2004.
- Duodenal Angiomyolipoma Indian journal of Pathology ->Microbia 7/2007.
- Present Stalus of management of canees Pancreas – Apollo medicine 2008.
- Annual Pancreas – Apollo medicine Vol 7 dec -2010.
- Hand Assisted Colo Rectol Surgery Troical Gastroenterol Suppl 3, 2011.
- Apollo Life 2011-2012 ,page 114- cancer pancreas .
- Lower Gastroenterol Haemoorhage GI Surgery annual ; Vol -1 ,1994. Surgery in patients in jaundice ;2004.
- Chapter on “Complication of chronic Pancreation ” in book on proceeding of DDE conf. held on Chronic Pancreahtas.
- Chapter on ” Familial Adenomatoces Polyphoses” in GI surgery annual 2005.