Dr C M Batra
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DCH, DNB (Endocrinology)
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi-mathura Road, New Delhi - 110076
- Senior consultant Endocrinologist ,Indraprastha Apollo hospital ,New delhi from 21-12-09
- Senior Consultant Endocrinologist from February 1989 till 20-12-09 in Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre,
- Senior Consultant Endocrinologist at Escorts Hospital & Research Institute, Faridabad from 1998 to 2009
- Endocrine Society of India
- Research Society For Study Of Diabetes Of India
- Member RSSDI, Endocine Society of India
- American Endocrine Society.
- Academic Coordinator for DNB (Endocinology)in Apollo Hospital for 6 years.
Awards And Achievements
- I have been convener of the weekly clinical meetings at Batra Hospital for 3 years and been actively involved in the various teaching and CME programmes, as a result of which I was successful in improving the academic standards of the hospital..
- I have been an active and regular participant in the Endocrine Society of India meetings since 1988, where I have presented many papers. I have participated in 6 annual conferences of the American Endocrine Society (2003, 2004 , 2005;2006,2007&2008)
- Attended EASD (European Association Of Study Of Diabetes) conference Sep 2006&sep200
- Award for the best paper in Research Society of Diabetes in India meeting in Pune, Jan 1988. *“Serological Markers of Islet Cell Autoimmunity”Dr C M Batra, B Raju
- 2014- Award by Apollo Hospital for Recognition of Published paper. Awarded best paper RSSDI-1988. Published 10 papers in national and International Journals. 2015: Award by Apollo Hospital for Recognition of publised paer.
Research and Publications
- Non-insulinoma pancreatogenous hypoglycemia syndrome.Batra CM, Saluja SS, Bajaj R, Rajshekar U, Thakur V, Gupta V.J Assoc Physicians India. 2011 Apr; 59:256-8 .
- Transient neonatal diabetes due to activating mutation in the ABCC8 gene encoding SUR1.Batra CM, Gupta N, Atwal G, Gupta V.Indian J Pediatr. 2009 Nov;76(11):1169-72.
- Consensus statement for diagnosis of obesity, abdominal obesity and the metabolic syndrome for Asian Indians and recommendations for physical activity, medical and surgical management. Misra A, Chowbey P, Makkar BM, Vikram NK, Wasir JS, Chadha D, Joshi SR, Sadikot S, Gupta R, Gulati S, Munjal YP; Concensus Group.J Assoc Physicians India. 2009 Feb;57:163-70. Review. 4. “Correlates of Type 2 diabetes mellitus in children, adolescents and young adults in north India; a multisite collaborative case control study”- Vikram NK, Tandon N, Misra A, Srivastava MC, Pandey RM, Mithal A, Sharma S, Ajmani A, Madhu SV, Batra CM, Gupta N. Diabet Med. 2006 Mar;23(3):293-8. 5.Cerebral gigantism (Sotos syndrome).Menon PS, Batra CM, Misra NK, Koyana R.Indian Pediatr. 1991 Mar;28(3):291-
- Secondary Failure to OHA; Etiology and Management Possibilities Dr C M Batra-INTNL. J. DIAB. DEV. COUNTRIES vol 11;1991
- Effective treatment with oral sulfonylureas in patients with diabetes due to sulfonylurea receptor 1 (SUR1) mutations. Rafiq M, Flanagan SE, Patch AM, Shields BM, Ellard S, Hattersley AT; Neonatal Diabetes International Collaborative Group.Diabetes Care. 2008 Feb;31(2):204-9. Epub 2007 Nov 19 (I am(member of international collaborative group) -8)“Mutations in ATP- Sensitive K+ channel Genes cause Transient Neonatal Diabetes and Permanent diabetes in Childhood or Adulthood” –Sarah E Flanagan et al Diabetes 56:1-8,2007*Acknowledged as referring clinician