Dr Ashok Sarin
MBBS, MD, FRCP(Edin)
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant Nephrology Apollo Hospital, New Delhi 1997-till date
- Senior Consultant Nephrology Moolchand/Kolmet Hospitals, New Delhi 1982-97
- Senior Registrar Nephrology/ Medicine Belfast City, Royal Victoria & Associated Hospitals, Queen’s University, Belfast (U.K.).1977-81
- Senior Registrar Nephrology/ Medicine AIIMS, New Delhi 1975-76
- Life Member of Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Life and Executive Committee Member of Delhi Nephrology Society.
- Life Member of North Zone Society of India.
- Member of Haemodialysis Society of India.
- Life Member of Association of Physicians of India(API)
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member of Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India
- Life Member of Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Consultant Forum
Awards And Achievements
- President Delhi Nephrology Society
- Awards and Achievements Gold medal and certificate of honour for distinction in physiology.
- Gold medal and certificate of honour for obtaining highest marks in obstetrics and gynecology
- Gold medal for best speaker in the annual seminar competition – 1966-67
- Certificate of honour in ophthalmology.
Chairperson at Nephrology Conference at AIIMS, SGPGI Lucknow, PGI Chandigarh.
Research And Publications
- Hota JK, Sarin A. Newer immunosuppressants in renal transplant. Apollo Medicine. 2012;1:44-49
- Sarin A. Recent Advances in the Management of Vesicoureteral Reflux. Apollo Medicine. 2009;6: 118-124
- Natarajan D, Sarin A, Upadhyaya S. Management of In-stent Restenosis in a patient with a Drug Eluting Stent on Haemodialysis awaiting renal transplantation. Indian Heart Journal. 2009;61:214-15
- Jasuja S, Gupta AK, Choudhry R, Kher V, Aggarwal DK, Mishra A, Agarwal M, Sarin A, Mishra MK, Raina V. Prevalence and Associations of Hepatitis C viremia in Haemodialysis patients at a tertiary care hospital. 2009;19(2): 62-67
- Sarin A. Fungal Infections in Renal Transplantation. Apollo Medicine. 2008;5:345-347
- Sarin A. Saxena V. An Unusual Case of Auto-immune disease. A short communication. Apollo Medicine. 2005;2:243-245
- Sarin A, Saxena V. Renal Replacement Therapy in ICU’s. Apollo Medicine 2005;2:221-223
- 8. Concurrent RCC with tuberculous para-aortic lymphadenopathy: A pleasant surprise : Praveen Pushkar, Anshuman Agarwal, Ashok Sarin, Vikas Kashyap, Journal Of Canadian Urological Association, Volume 9, Issues 3-4 (April 2015)
- (B) Papers/Case Presented
- Presented a paper “ DRUG INDUCED RENAL INJURY” at Nephrology Update 1993 held at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Case presented at Deptt. Of Nephrology AIIMS on “ Controversies in the Management of Acute Renal Failure” 2002
- Case presented at Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.” “Case of Renal Papillary Necrosis” and a “ Case of Membranous Nephropathy with DVT” Aug. 2003
- Case presented “A case of Myasthenia Gravis, Grave’s Disease and Lupus Nephritis” at Association of Physicians of India, Northern RAILWAY Hospital, New Delhi. Oct 2003
- Presented a case on Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobin Urea” at Annual Conference of Northern Chapter of Indian Society of Nephrology, SHIMLA 23-24TH April 2004
- Presented a case at Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi April 2005-“ Lupus Nephritis, Thrombocytopenia & IVIG “
- Paper presented at Northern Chapter of Indian Society of Nephrology, Jaipur Feb 2007- “A Clinician”s Perspective of Chronic Kidney Disease”
Faculty case Presentation at 3rd Annual Conference RSSDI (Regional Society of Study of Diabetes in India), Delhi Chapter. Dec 2007-“ A Case of Renal Papillary Necrosis in a Diabetic”