DR. ANSHUMAN AGARWAL
MBBS, MS, MCh
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi-mathura Road, New Delhi - 110076
- Working as a Senior consultant Urologist with Apollo hospitals New Delhi.
- Advanced Robotic and laparoscopic surgeries for cancer prostate, urinary bladder and kidney
- Holmium laser prostatectomy (HOLEP) and TURP for enlarged prostate
- Flexible ureterorenoscopies(RIRS), percutaneous surgery (PCNL), Lithotripsy, Ureterorenoscopy for kidney stones
- Reconstructive surgery for urethral stricture, PUJ obstruction ( laparoscopic pyeloplasty)
- Microsurgery for management of male infertility
- Urinary incontinence surgery(TVT), penile implants •
- Senior consultant Urologist with Fortis group of hospitals New Delhi, based at Vasant Kunj, from February 2010 till march 2012.
- Was involved in Robotic surgery and renal transplantation. Robotic surgery training at IRCAD Strassbourg France in March 2010
- Worked as Senior Consultant Urologist at RG Stone Urology and laparoscopy Hospital, East of Kailash, New Delhi from june 2002 till feb 2010.
- Well versed in performing all endourological procedures including upper tract percutaneous and lower tract surgeries.
- Have performed more than 2000 Holmium laser prostatectomies ( HOLEP) with gland size ranging from 40 to 300 grams.
- Routinely doing laparoscopic urological surgeries eg. pyeloplasty, donor nephrectomy, radical nephrectomy , ureteric reimplantation etc. Department of Urology ,Cleveland Clinic ,USA.
- Keenly observed advanced laparoscopic procedures in Urology and refined existing skills in lap urology
- Worked at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi in the department of genitourinary oncology.
- Performed all major uro oncological surgeries viz radical prostatectomies ,radical cystectotomy with continent and non continent urinary diversions ,nephrectomies with removal of caval thrombus,penectomies ,ilioingunal lymph node dissections.
- MCh ( Urology) july 1999 till july 2001.obtained training in open and endourological procedures .
- Managed all urological emergencies. Participated in academic activities and training of junior residents and under graduates.
- Presented papers at national and regional conferences.
- Senior Registrar in the department of surgery King Georges Medical College Lucknow, from December 1997 till dec 1998.
- Worked in the units of laparoscopy and urology. • MS ( General Surgery) May 1994 till May 1997 from King Georges Medical College Lucknow.
- Urological Society of India
- American Urological Association
Awards And Achievements
- Holmium laser Enucleation of Prostate .
- Performing this surgery effectively since 2002 and have done approximately 2000 cases .
- These include prostate sizes from 40 to 300 grams,recurrent enlargement of prostates after TURPs.
- Have operated in major hospitals in South Korea, Malaysia, China.
- Have been involved in training of Urologists for Holmium laser prostatectomy from India and abroad.
- Per Cutaneous Nephrolithotomy. Performed more than 3500 PCNLs with stones ranging from simple pelvic to complex staghorn stones,ectopic kidneys using laparoscopic assistance.
- Uretero renoscopies. Especially well versed in using Flexible ureterorenoscope with pneumatic and holmium laser lithotripsy
- .Performed approximately 1500 procedures.
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty.Have performed more than 100 procedures .Have combined PCNL in the same sitting for UPJ obstruction with stones.
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy(for kidney tumors, donor, non functioning kidney).Have performed approximately 200 procedures both transperitoneally and retroperitoneally.
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate. Have performed more than 1000 procedures over last 10 years Robotic Assisted Urological Surgeries.
- Routinely performing Radical prostatectomy, partial nephrectomy, radical nephrectomy and pyeloplasty
Research and Publications
- Emphysematous Perinephric Abscess without Diabetes or Urinary Obstruction. S Pandey,S Kumar,LN Doriarajan,A Agarwal,S Elangovan Urol Int.2003; 71 (3):322—4
- Primary squamous carcinomatous ureteric stricture of a solitary kidney with spontaneous intraperitoneal urinary extravasation. S Pandey,S Kumar,LN Doriarajan,A Agarwal,S Krishnan,S Elangovan Urol Int.2003; 70 (3):236—7 •
- Concomitant percutaneous neprolithotomy and transperitoneal laparoscopic pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction complicated by stones. Anshuman Agarwal, Anil Varshney, BS Bansal. Journal of Endourology.2008;22(10): 2251-2256 • POINT-COUNTER-POINT: Against the motion:
- Lasers are superfluous for the surgical management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Anil Varshney, Anshuman Agarwal. Indian journal of Urology.Year 2009, Vol 25, Issue 3…