Dr. Abhishek Vaish
MBBS, MS (Orth), MCh (Orth) , DNB, MNAMS, Dip SICOT (Rome)
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
1. Attending Consultant ( 01/07/2018)
Department of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement Surgery
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi,110076.
2. Senior Resident Orthopaedics (01/03/17 to 30/06/18)- Central Institute of Orthopaedics, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
3. Sr. Orthopaedic Registrar (01/11/ 2016 to 24/02/2017) Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
4. Zimmer Fellowship (01/10/2015 to 30/09/2016) Spire Alexandra Hospital,Chatham, Kent, UK.
5. Senior Registrar (01/06/2015 to 25/09/15) Sancheti Institute of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, Pune, India
6. Orthopaedic Resident (01.06.2013 to 31.05.2015) Sancheti Institute of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, Pune, India
My Vision for Present:
To excel in my field of interest which is joint preservation. For this I need a dedicated team effort and multispeciality facility. Joint preservation is the next big thing in orthopaedics in India. Science is advancing and more focus now should be on regeneration.
Some of these may include platelet rich plasma (PRP), Bone marrow aspirate concentrate (BMAC), Mosaicoplasty, Autologous chondrocyte implantation, Osteotomies to correct mal-alignment, Joint resurfacing, Medical Bio 3 D printing.
My vision 5 years from now:
I have acquired special training,for one year, in the field of joint preservation techniques (like cartilage transplantation and cellular therapies) at Canterbury Christchurch University, Kent UK with Prof. AA Shetty. Now I wish to develop a dedicated joint preservation team and unit, to attract patients from all over India and other countries with these problems. I would also be keen to do research in this field and come up with cost effective treatment solutions, with equally good outcomes.
Special Orthopaedic Interests:
Joint preservation, Cartilage Transplantation, 3D printing, Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty, Complex Trauma.
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (LM 11328)
- Indian Cartilage Society (LM 0165)
- Indian Arthroscopy Society (LM 2632)
- Delhi Orthopaedic Association (V 030)
- Indian Medical Association (L 4461)
- Delhi Medical Association
- Best paper publication award of Delhi Orthopaedic Association, Nov. 2019.
- Best paper publication in JCOT award of Delhi Orthopaedic Association, Nov. 2019.
- IOA Ambassador Fellowship, Singapore, Sept. 2019.
- BIOS Junior Fellowship, United Kingdom, June 2019.
- Sports Medicine Fellowship. Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA, March 2019.
- Best paper publication award (2017-18, 2018-19), AHERF, New Delhi.
- IOA WOC Fellowship (2017-2018), Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Brittberg-Goyal fellowship of ICS, Gothenberg, Sweden (2017-18)
- DOA Fellowship (2017-18), Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- PT Rao gold medal award of IOA forthe best PG paper, Kochi (2016)
- Passed MCh with distinction
- Passed all the professional exams in the first attempt (MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB, Dip SICOT)
- Got six distinctions in basic sciences during MBBS course (2005-11)
- College topper in Paediatrics during my MBBS course (2010)
- Cleared IELTS exam with a band score of 8.0 (2014)
- On the Research Gate, my Total Research Interest is 1669 and the RG score is 37.25 which is 95%percentile of all the members (>20million), and my 214 research items have 1826 citations, with an h-index of 16. My research documents has readership of 75,049 on the research gate.
- On the Google Scholar, I have 2275 citations and my H index is 20.
- I have 114 publications listed on the PubMed and 109 on the Scopus.
- I am anAssociate Editor of the Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma (JCOT), Journal of Orthopaedics (JOO), and Journal of Orthopaedic Reports (JOREP)
- Elected as a Section Editor of the Indian Journal of Orthopaedics (2022-2024)
- Reviewer of many indexed journals like BMJ, JCOT, IJO etc.
- I have 188 publications in various peer-reviewed international and national journals
- I have authored 13 chapters in various medical books.
C) Academic links:
- ORCID: ID 55954156400
- Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Abhishek-Vaish
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=G5gsiVsAAAAJ