Anesthesiology – Best Hospital for Anesthesiology in Delhi
Apollo Hospitals Delhi is the best Hospital for Anesthesiology in Delhi. At Apollo Hospitals
, we provide a comprehensive range of clinical services, including perioperative anesthesia services, critical care medicine, and pain medicine. Our patients receive advanced medical care provided by highly trained and skilled clinicians. Our philosophy has always been to work with a multidisciplinary team approach.
The Department of Anesthesiology is the premier department in the country for the practice of general and regional anesthesia. The foundation of this department is the clinical skill of our anesthesiologists who have received training and accomplishments from the best institutes around the world.
We have a dedicated team of more than fifteen senior anesthetists who along with their associates & junior staff provide round the clock service. The anesthetists are helped by the state of the art anesthetic equipment. Services provided also include preoperative checkups and post-operative pain management team and a critical care team.
- General anesthesia is a treatment that renders you unconscious during medical procedures, so you don’t feel or remember anything during the procedures. General anesthesia is commonly produced by a combination of intravenous drugs and inhaled gasses (anesthetics).
- The “sleep” you experience under general anesthesia is different from regular sleep. The anesthetized brain doesn’t respond to pain signals or surgical manipulations.
- The practice of general anesthesia also includes controlling your breathing and monitoring your body’s vital functions during your procedure. General anesthesia is administered by a specially trained physician, called an anesthesiologist.
Anesthesiologist (Anesthetist) | Best Anesthesiologist in delhi
- An Anesthesiologist Anesthetist) is a medical doctor who is a postgraduate in this field. We have Senior Consultants trained in the British Isles, Australia, New Zealand, North America and in one of the best institutes in the country. They are assisted by Associate Consultants, Registrars, Operating Department Assistants (technicians), and recovery room nurses. Well-trained staff and availability of latest technology makes this as one of the safest places to get an anesthesia.
The hospital has an organized acute pain relief service using :
- Electronic PCA (patient controlled analgesia)
- Disposable PCA device
- Continuous epidural analgesia
- Regional Nerve blocks
- Oral, intramuscular and intravenous pain killers
Types of anesthesia provided depend on the patient’s medical status and type of procedure –
- General Anesthesia – Patient is not conscious
- Regional Anesthesia – Local anesthetic is injected by anesthesiologist to provide numbness in certain part of body. This could be used for pain control during/after procedure.
MAC (Monitored Anesthesia Care) – Monitoring care of vitals during a procedure, may involve sedation if necessary.
- The anesthesiologist will meet the patient prior to the surgery and discuss the medical history, lab results and anesthesia plan. In the O.T a member of the anesthesia care will be with the patient throughout the procedure. After the procedure patient will be moved to the recovery room and a nurse will monitor the patient and provide medication to minimize pain, nausea and vomiting as needed. Then the patient will be discharged from recovery room on advice by anesthetist when he is stable and comfortable.